Monday, June 18, 2018

Clutter...

Clutter, those things that aren't needed and don't bring value, meaning, or add beauty to life... basicly the junk items.  The things that one keeps because of the memories, or the fear of needing it



My life feels like it stuffed by clutter, both physical and mental.  One would think after 10 years on the road I would not have alot, but when I left the Desert Southwest, it took about 5 car trips to clear out, what my husband and I kepts, and many more trips to the area Goodwill.  Why?  What is the reason I keep so much clutter?

Maybe it is because I feared being without my memories, with out the things that reminded my mother - who passed away 4 years ago.  Maybe I feared forgetting my grandmother - who passed when I was in my 20s.  Maybe it is because I was adopted, and didnt have roots those first 6 months of my life.  All I know, is I feared even thinking of a packing party, especially if it would include my beloved books... for some reason books are what I have the hardest time even thinking of giving up. 

Books were always my gateway to the world, but some I have read once, then have kept on the bookshelf as trophies of accomplishment.  Why?  I have no clue.  Then there are those books I return to over and over, and even have worn out and replaced with new copies.  Those I am leaving out, the about 15-20 (including cookbooks) books of which that is true.  Now I will deal with the reast, and wrestle with why I have kept books I never read...

I think we all have issues which our clutter either hids or reflects our inner struggles with... I hope maybe my journey in dealing with my clutter - physically, emotionally, mentally and the likes - might aid your journey, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment